The existence of a torana, which is not found in any other temple in the region, distinguishes this temple from others, and some of the depictions suggest that the architects were pioneers of a new cultural tradition. King Yayati I of the Somavamshi is credited with constructing the temple, according to K.C. Panigrahi, who dates the construction of the temple to 966 CE.
- The Mukteshwar Temple’s Architectural Design It is believed that Yayati I, the ruler of the Somavamshi Dynasty, was responsible for the construction of the temple. A shift between the first and later phases of the Kalinga style of architecture, which was the predominant style employed in many temples created in Odisha during this time period, is shown by the building of this temple, which faces west.
- 1 What is the another name of Mukteshwar temple?
- 2 Who built Mukteswara Temple Kanchipuram?
- 3 Who built Lingaraja Temple?
- 4 Who built Brahmeswara temple?
- 5 Which God is there in Murudeshwar temple?
- 6 Who built the famous Vaikunta Perumal temple at Kanchipuram?
- 7 Who made the Somnath temple?
- 8 Who built Puri Jagannath Temple?
- 9 Which temple was constructed by the queen of Maharaja Govinda manikya?
- 10 Which is the largest Hindu temple in India?
What is the another name of Mukteshwar temple?
Located near Pathankot City in the Indian state of Punjab, the Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple, also known as Mukesaran Mandir, is a renowned Shiva shrine and cave complex built by humans.
Who built Mukteswara Temple Kanchipuram?
The Muktesvara Temple is a Hindu temple located in the town of Kanchipuram in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The temple, which is dedicated to Shiva, was built by the Pallavas and contains inscriptions that date back to the reign of Nandivarman.
Who built Lingaraja Temple?
According to some traditions, the temple was constructed around the 11th century CE by the Somavanshi monarch Yayati I (1025-1040), who reigned from 1025 to 1040. Jajati Keshari relocated his capital from Jajpur to Bhubaneswar, which was referred to as Ekamra Kshetra in the Brahma Purana, an ancient text, during the time of his conquest.
Who built Brahmeswara temple?
According to the inscription, Kolavatidevi, the mother of Somavamsi monarch Udyota Kesari, was responsible for the construction of the temple. It was constructed with four Natyasalas in a location known as Siddhatirtha in the Ekamra district (modern-day Bhubaneswar).
Which God is there in Murudeshwar temple?
Sri Mridesa Linga, commonly known as Murdeshwar, is the most important god. According to legend, it is a fragment of the original Atma Linga and is located around two feet below ground level.
Who built the famous Vaikunta Perumal temple at Kanchipuram?
The Vaikunda Perumal Temple, located in Kanchipuram, is one of those temples that may draw both tourists and pilgrims to the city. It was constructed during the seventh century by the Pallava monarch Nandivarman II.
Who made the Somnath temple?
It is possible that the Chaulukya (Solanki) monarch Mularaja constructed the first temple on the site before 997 CE, but other historians suggest that he may have restored a smaller previous temple.
Who built Puri Jagannath Temple?
A great ruler of the Ganga Dynasty, Ananta Varman Chodaganga Deva built the Shree Jagannath Puri Temple, which is located on the beachfront of Puri, in the 12th century, and is considered to be one of the most impressive structures in the Indian state of Odisha.
Which temple was constructed by the queen of Maharaja Govinda manikya?
Bhubaneswari Temple is a Hindu temple in Rajnagar, Tripura, India. It is dedicated to the goddess Bhubaneswari (55 km from Agartala). It is believed to have been constructed between 1660 and 1675 AD and is located adjacent to the palace erected by Maharaja Govinda Manikya.
Which is the largest Hindu temple in India?
The Srirangam Temple is frequently referred to be the world’s biggest functional Hindu temple because of its size and complexity. The temple, which is located in Tamil Nadu, spans an area of 156 acres (631,000 m2) and has a perimeter of 4,116m (10,710 feet), making it the largest temple in India and one of the largest religious complexes in the world. It is the largest temple in India and one of the largest religious complexes in the world.