Power plants that use hydroelectricity
|Name of the project||Rated Power (in MW)||Comments|
|Srisailam Dam||1,670||Power station with Pumped-storage hydroelectricity units|
|Nagarjuna Sagar Dam||960||Power station with Pumped-storage hydroelectricity units|
|Nagarjuna Sagar tail pond||50|
What are the most distinguishing characteristics of the Krishna River?
- The Krishna forms a vast delta with a coastline that stretches for approximately 120 kilometers. The Almatti Dam, the Srisailam Dam, the Nagarjuna Sagar Dam, and the Prakasham Barrage are only a few of the significant dams that have been built across the river. Because it is nourished by periodic monsoon rains, the river’s flow varies greatly throughout the year, making it unsuitable for agricultural purposes.
- 1 Which project is built across the river of Krishna?
- 2 How many projects are there in Krishna River?
- 3 Which of the following dams is constructed across the river Krishna?
- 4 Which dam was built over the Krishna River in Andhra Pradesh?
- 5 Which dam is built on Narmada river?
- 6 Where do Godavari and Krishna meet?
- 7 Which of the following projects are situated on the Krishna River basin?
- 8 Where does Krishna river start?
- 9 How many projects are there in Godavari river?
- 10 Does Krishna river flow in Telangana?
- 11 What is story of Krishna river?
Which project is built across the river of Krishna?
The Nagarjuna Sagar Dam, located on the River Krishnna, was constructed. The construction of the building began in 1955 and was completed in 12 years.
How many projects are there in Krishna River?
Included in the schedules are a total of 36 approved and unapproved projects in the Krishna basin in both states. These include components, extension schemes, lift projects for the Nagarjuna Sagar and Pulichintala dams as well as the Krishna Delta, Tungabhadra, KC Canal and other projects in the Krishna basin in both states.
Which of the following dams is constructed across the river Krishna?
That would be Nagarjuna Sagar, to be precise. The Nagarjuna Sagar Dam is regarded to be one of the biggest dams constructed in Asia in recent years. The Nagarjuna Sagar Dam is not only the world’s highest masonry dam, but it is also the pride of India. The project has a catchment area of approximately 215000 square kilometers.
Which dam was built over the Krishna River in Andhra Pradesh?
Located in Nagarjuna Sagar, the Krishna River Dam is a masonry structure that spans the border between Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, spanning the Krishna River. It is the largest masonry dam in the world.
Which dam is built on Narmada river?
The Sardar Sarovar Dam (SSD), which is located on the Indian Narmada River in the hamlet of Kevadia in the state of Gujarat, is a hydroelectric dam.
Where do Godavari and Krishna meet?
Located near the hamlet of Kevadia in the Indian state of Gujarat, the Sardar Sarovar Dam (SSD) is a hydroelectric dam on the Narmada River.
Which of the following projects are situated on the Krishna River basin?
The Upper Krishna Project (UKP) is an irrigation project that spans the Krishna River in Karnataka, India, to supply irrigation to drought-prone areas in the districts of Bijapur, Bagalkot, Gulbarga, Yadgir, and Raichur. It is the largest irrigation project in the country.
Where does Krishna river start?
The Krishna River is a tributary of the Ganges. Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc. is a publishing company that publishes encyclopedias. Located in western Maharashtra state, the river’s headwaters are in the Western Ghats range, near the town of Mahabaleshwar, not far from the shore of the Arabian Sea. The river has its origins in the Western Ghats range. Initially, it runs east to Wai, then in a typically southeasterly path via Sangli till it reaches the Karnataka state boundary.
How many projects are there in Godavari river?
On the Godavari River, there are 12 barrage projects and dams. In India, the Godavari River is the second-longest river after the Ganga, and it begins in the Maharashtra town of Triambakeshwar before draining into the Bay of Bengal.
Does Krishna river flow in Telangana?
The Godavari River has 12 barrage projects and dams. With its origins in Triambakeshwar, Maharashtra and its final destination in the Bay of Bengal, India’s Godavari River is the country’s second-longest river, after the Ganges.
What is story of Krishna river?
The Krishna River has its source in the Mahabaleshwar region of Maharashtra. It is claimed that the Krishna Bai Temple, located in the Old Mahabaleshwar, is the site of the river Krishna’s conception. Krishna Bai Temple is an old Shiva shrine in which a stream emerges from the mouth of a cow, as the name suggests. The Krishna River is formed as a result of the additional cascading of this stream.